Sometimes, weight and size do not determine the quality, functionality and performance of a table saw. With the best portable jobsite table saws, you can rip tough workpiece and make complex cuts. Check out these portable table saws reviewed below if you are searching for a quality, functional and durable table saw in a lightweight design.
DEWALT DWE7491RS is strongly designed and equipped with all the necessary features it requires to rip wood for framing, filler boards, hardwoods, sheet materials and others easily. Though the table is available in a compact design, its 15 amp motor spinning at a very speed can generate huge torque to cut through sturdy workpiece. The package comes complete with all the basic features required to start cutting such as miter gauge, push stick, rolling stand, 10-inch 24 tooth carbide blade, rolling stand and others.
- It is available in a compact design but delivers huge power.
- It has stunning functionality and amazing versatility. It can cut through everything.
- It is user-friendly and easy to be assembled.
- The fence system is very large.
- It is quite expensive considering its size.
- There isn’t much accessories for this table saw.
- The user manual does not provide clear instruction about some features.
- Though well insulated, the power cord is not considerably lengthy.
DEWALT DW745 is a 120 V corded table saw that features a maximum rip capacity of 20-inch. The table saw rips a variety of materials ranging from soft to tough hardwood thanks to its high torque generating motor of 1850 Watt. With a 22 kg weight, it will be easy to transport the table saw to your jobsite and move it from one point to another. Adjustments can easily and accurately be made thanks to the quick bevel lock that it comes with. Its table top is not only sturdy but smooth to ensure accurate and precise cutting result.
- It is portable, lightweight and easy to work with.
- It cuts with stunning power and at ease.
- It comes with a good bearing.
- The saw is easily adjustable thanks to its design.
- The top plate is made from plastic material which is no where compared with metal.
- It makes burns marks.
- The motor shaft is short to be fitted with a Dado set with thickness greater than 3/8 inch.
Rockwell BladeRunner X2
Rockwell BladeRunner X2 is a good table saw for any person that works on different materials such as plastic, wood, tile and metal like aluminum as it is designed to rip all. With a weight of less 15 pounds, this table saw can be taken to any jobsite. The table top comes with good handle enhancing the overall portability of the tools. The motor of Rockwell BladeRunner X2 is strong and spins at amazing speed.
- It is versatile as it can be used to cut various materials.
- It is easy to set and convenient to use.
- The product is very portable thanks to its lightweight and handle that makes carriage quite easy.
- It can be fitted with any T-shank jig saw blade.
- It is affordable.
- It does not give any vibration problem.
- Safe to use thanks to the safety features it comes with such as the on/off switch.
- Though Rockwell BladeRunner X2 is a versatile tool, it is not designed for plunge cut.
- The blades are ok but there are other blades that give better cuts.
Boasting of the innovative gravity-rise stand, lightweight design and easy-set up, Bosch 4100-09 gives all to users. The rugged design and the large surface coupled with a 4.0 HP motor which can generate enough power spinning at a 3,650RPM mark give this table an edge over other models in the same category. It comes with Bosh’s SquareLock Rip Fence which minimizes waste in order to beef up the rip capacity.
- The surface is big enough to accommodate bigger workpiece.
- The table saw cuts with impressive ease thanks to the huge forces generated by the motor.
- The tool has rugged design and thus can be used for years.
- Given its lightweight, it can easily be taken to any jobsite and it is quite easy to store.
- It has soft start.
- The fence is not perpendicular or at square with the table even though it is at square with the blade.
- The blade is also not square to the miter slots.
- The frame can be scratched by the gravity rise stand which rests on it when folded.
Equipped with a 15 Amp motor which spins at a speed of 4800 rpm, DEWALT DWE7480 is a good addition to tool collection of any woodwork. It is a durable table saw thanks to its cage base made from metal. Users are able to make the necessary adjustments quite easily on account of the rack and pinion telescoping fence rails that it comes with. With a topnotch specification, DEWALT DWE7480 has got all required to obtain easy cutting.
- It is portable and lightweight weighing below 45 pounds.
- It cuts with ease thanks to the high torque generating motor it comes with.
- The fence of the product is very sturdy like a rock, locks in place easily and does not slide.
- The set up is quite easy and straightforward.
- The dust port is quite efficient in trapping dust.
- The blade is cheap.
- The motor generate loud noise as it spins.
- The miter gauge is not of good quality.
SKILSAW SPT70WT-01 has 3-1/2 in cutting depth and 25 inch rip capacity. These coupled with the 15 Amp dual field motor which spins at a high speed make cutting with this product quite easy and fast. The package comes complete with some basic accessories such as insert plate, self-aligning fence, miter gauge, 24-tooth SKILSAW Carbide-tipped blade for ripping, push stick, insert plate and others. The accessories are user-friendly and can easily be fitted to the table.
- The table saw’s motor delivers great power as soon as it is switched on.
- With the tool, users are able to get perfect cuts that are straight.
- The tool does not vibrate during cutting even as the motor spins at a high speed.
- It is quite easy to make 45 degree angle cuts with this saw because beveling the blade is quite a breeze.
- The rip fence does not shift from its position regardless of the pressure you mount on it.
- The table is extendable and stretch to 4 inch wide.
- It delivers quite operation.
- The package does not come with the stand.
- To mount the fence on the table, you may have to adjust it.
How to choose a portable table saw
Choosing a portable table saw should be an easy task if you really know what to look for. But you are much likely going to make a choice that you will regret afterwards, if you don’t know what to look for in a table saw. The tips given here will help you to make a wise choice.
Consider the size of your workshop
There is the tendency to associate quality with size and weight. Such people normally go for the bigger table saw models even when there isn’t much space in their workshop to accommodate their tools. This should not be the case as table saw is concerned. There are a lot of models of table saws with compact designs but have stunning functionality. So, when you want to make a choice consider your workspace. Whichever model you want to purchase, make sure that you will have enough space to move about and keep other things in your workshop after assembling the product there.
Portability is very important especially for people with limited space and for people that work in different workshops where a table saw will be required. A portable table saw will be easy to move about or take to any worksite because of the lightweight and size.
Functionality and performance
Functionality and performance are two factors that determine the quality of a product to a greater extent. Whether your table saw is large or small, it has to be functional for it to deliver high quality cutting. So, choose a product with the best functionality and performance. Such a product is a quality product.
Other factors to look out for are:
- Table size
- Dust control and others.
Now that you have known the best portable jobsite table saws on the market, take your time to make your choice based on your needs. The tips given above are guides to help you make an informed choice. Adhere to them and you will pick the best.