Are you looking for a reliable table saw to add to your tool collections but you have a budget that is below $300? You don’t need to have a large budget in order to find a good table saw. Check out the best table saws under $300 we have reviewed below. They are all reliable with impressive performance, good specification and ratings even though they have low price tag.
DEWALT DW745 comes with a motor of 15 amp which spins at 3,850 rpm. It is a table saw equipped with all you need to get good cutting result such as 24-tooth carbide blade that is 10-inches in size, a push stick, a miter gauge and blade guards for safety. The table saw is available in a compact and lightweight design making it very suitable for work around the house.
- It has a dust collection port for trapping of debris and dust generated during cutting.
- It is covered with a 90-day money back guarantee as well as a three year limited warranty and a 24 month of free service.
- Given its lightweight and portable design, it is quite easy to carry it to any worksite.
- It delivers accurate cut at a good rate.
- The saw is also easily adjustable.
- The table saw has impressive versatility as it can easily be set up to carry different task thanks to its site-pro modular guarding system.
- The motor shaft is short and thus, a dado set that has a thickness higher than 3/8 inch cannot be used on it.
- The top plate is not strong because it is made from plastic.
Craftsman Evolv can be used to cut tough materials thanks to its 15 amp motor which is able to generate huge torque. The table saw will be able to withstand abuses resulting from everyday use thanks to the cast aluminum used in constructing it. It comes with all the basic features you need to start your work which include blade wrenches, 24T carbide tipped blade, blade guard assembly, miter gauge, anti-kickback pawls. Different materials can be placed on the table top as it is made of steel.
- It is strongly built and delivers good cutting result.
- It has a lightweight and portable designs and thus it can easily be carried around.
- It is highly affordable.
- It is quite easy to be set up.
- It does not come with any wheel and this may affect its portability.
- The warranty is not very impressive, just a year warranty.
- It does not have impeccable alignment.
Equipped with a heavy-duty steel stand and backed with a year warranty, Ryobi ZRRTS10G is made to last for years. With a motor of 15amp which spins at 5,000 rpm, this table saw can handle tough stock. Though, the tool has lightweight design, it can still support large wood thanks to its stand made from steel. It gives accurate cross cutting result thanks to its adjustable miter gauge and powerful 10 inches blade. It has other features such as push stick, anti-kickback pawls, hex key, rip fence and others that make for efficiency and ease-of-use.
- It is very easy to assemble.
- It has lightweight and compact designs.
- It delivers good cutting result.
- The motor delivers good torque for cutting through tough materials.
- It is sold at a very good price.
- The miter fence as well as the rip fence lacks professional touch.
- The top also is not even.
- Though the motor is good but its mechanism may result in a waste of time and workpiece.
SKIL 3410-02 is a good table saw for work around the house and even for certain projects in a professional workshop. It comes with an excellent specification which includes 15 amp motor that can produce enough torque to cut through different kinds of wood. It is easy to obtain accurate cutting thanks to the EZ view measurement system which helps users to obtain accurate measurements and settings. The stand made from heavy duty steel is foldable. It also features a quick mount for easy setup and storage.
- It is easy to store and set up. When the stand is folded, it becomes smaller occupying little space.
- The motor delivers good power for easy cutting.
- It is a good value for money given the price at which is sold and its performance.
- Kickback is highly minimized thanks to the standard health and safety features it comes with.
- It has upgraded blades for easy cutting.
- It may take you longer time before you get used to the auto aligning fence.
Rockwell BladeRunner X2
Designed to offer users awesome flexibility and portability, Rockwell BladeRunner X2 is made to cut more efficiently than the initial Bladerunner. It can be used to cut different kinds of materials such as plastic, voodoo, metal materials and ceramic tiles thanks to its various features such as t-shank jigsaw blades which do not require any tool to be changed, guard and splitter system, rip fence, miter gauge, vacuum port to keep the work environment clean and many more.
- It is safe to use thanks to the safety features it comes with such as the on/off switch with a removable cap.
- It is available in a lightweight and portable design meaning that it can be taken to any work site without much problem. Besides, it comes with handles for easy movement.
- It is versatile as it can be used to cut different kinds of workpiece.
- It is a good value for money considering its price.
- The user manual has a lot of images without enough words to explain them.
- The mitre attachment is not available in a flawless design.
- The cap on the on/off switch can turn your experience into a nightmare if it gets lost.
Rockwell RK7240.1 is a corded table saw created with multiple materials of appreciable quality. With a 2 year limited warranty and good features, this product can help DIY hobbyists to do a lot of projects. It comes with a 13 amp motor which can create good torque for cut hardwood. The table saw provides a work surface of 400 square inches. With its various features like push stick, rip fence, blade wrench and sturdy stand, it can handle large workpiece.
- It is a versatile table saw thanks to the various accessories it comes with.
- It delivers impressive cutting result due to its powerful motor which is capable of generating high torque.
- It is sold at a very good price.
- It is a durable machine thanks to its aluminum construction.
- It does not offer quiet operation as the motor generates huge noise during cutting.
- The rip fence needs to be reset after a couple of cuts. Besides, it requires a tape to be set up with.
How to choose a table saw
Here are tips to help you choose the right table saw when it is time for you one.
Consider the type
Table saw is available in four different types, namely cabinet saw, hybrid table saw, contractor’s table saw and portable table saw. Each type has its pros and cons and it is designed to serve a particular purpose. So, go for a type that will meet your requirements.
Don’t forget the features
Manufacturers of table saws now include many features in their products to make them more functional and outstanding. While some features are very helpful, others are redundant. So, when you want to purchase a table saw go for one with useful features. Some of the basic features to check are motor and its horsepower, kickback prevention, flesh sensor, drive belt design, dust collection, kick switch, left blade tilt and others.
Consider convenience and ease of use
Working with a table saw that is difficult to use will not affect output but also increases the risk of worksite injury. It will also affect the quality of your cuts. Thus, it is good that you work with a table saw that is very easy to use with user-friendly features.
Consider the projects you are doing
Table saws are available in varying strengths. Some are designed to handle light tasks while some can cut hardwood. There are also some that can be used to cut different materials including metals. So, when you are purchasing one, it is important that you consider the type of material that you will cutting with it. For example, if you are going to cut different materials, then you should purchase one with blades that can slice through different materials of different toughness.
Now you have known good table saws with price tags below $300, their features, pros and cons as well as how to choose a good one. You can now make a great choice that will fit into your budget.